Image Hosted by ImageShack.us       Image Hosted by ImageShack.us         Image Hosted by ImageShack.us               Image Hosted by ImageShack.us     Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

DIY Ripped Denim Jeans

Tuesday, 18 March 2014


I think this has got to be our easiest DIY yet! It took me about 5 minutes to create these jeans and I really love them! Whilst flicking through all the fashion week photos I saw that ripped denim was a massive trend with all the fashion lovers on the FROW. Distressed denim is great for a smart/casual look as you can dress up your top half with a blazer and team your jeans with a pair of courts. 



You will need:
Jeans, Pen, Scissors, Small grater or sand paper.

Step 1: Put your jeans on and mark with a pen where your knees are. Draw a line where you are going to cut, so you get the length of the rip right.
Step 2: Take your jeans off and cut along the line you have just drawn with your scissors. 
Step 3: Using the grater or sand paper, rub along the cut. This will make the rip look more distressed and not as neat.

Wear with an oversized boyfriend coat and ankle boots for a bang on trend DIY!

Love,
Kendall x

14 comments:

  1. I feel like I might destroy them too much ?

    I might give it a go though!

    A Forte For Fashion

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little scary when you make the first snip! But, just measure it out and take your time and it'll be fine :) xx

      Delete
  2. I've been thinking of doing this with a pair of my jeans too! I love the ripped jeans on ASOS. Brill idea xx

    Daydreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great news! Give it a go and save a few pennies :) Let us know how you get on! x

      Delete
  3. I really love this idea, I'm going to have to give it a go :)

    Sydney

    Sydneymakesthings.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It's so simple and looks great! x

      Delete
  4. I cut a few of my jeans a while back, but they've been tossed aside for a while. I always felt the ones I did myself never quite lived up to my expectations!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes feel like that with some of our DIYs too. At least when you do it yourself you can taylor them to how you would like them- you don't have to go too crazy! xx

      Delete
  5. Ripped jeans always make an outfit look so cool and edgy!

    Love x

    Have a look at our giveaway:
    http://insidefruits.co.uk/insidefruits-ready-for-spring-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and with minimal effort! Thank you for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  6. Great look, may have to try this! :)
    Becky x
    Vintage Clothing UK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such an easy DIY! Gonna try this looks great! :)

    www.randomindistilling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That's what we like to hear :) xx

      Delete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)