Tuesday, 28 January 2014

#Try It Tuesday: Hair Pins

Hello Lovlies! Its #TryitTuesday time again! Yay!
This week we've tried out this beautiful, yet simple idea inspired by Trinkets in Bloom. Check out the delightful blog, Cathy uses catwalk fashion and street style to inspire a heap of DIY makes. A blog after our own hearts!
I've seen these pretty hair slides on the high street quite a lot recently, but they're just so easy to make yourself that it'd be silly to fork out for the high street versions!

All you really need is some kirby grips, some beads and some glue. This really is a super easy and a quick one to do! For the full tutorial visit Trinkets in Bloom here. As I used thinner slides to those in Cathy's tutorial, I found it easier to slide them onto some card before sticking on the pearls.

I don't know about you, but I have endless amount of kirby grips lying around my bedroom, as well as a load of beads and chains from previous DIY's. So these hair slides have been perfect for using up the odd bits and bobs! I also found a use for the endless amounts of odd earrings that i've managed to collect over the years. I simply used wire cutters to trim off the bit that you put through your ear, and then glued that main part to the hair grip. Job's a goodun. 
Hope you're all having a lovely day, let us know if you've been involved in #TryitTuesday this week!


Lots of love, Em xx

5 comments:

  1. They are so cutee :)

    xx
    http://analeote.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love cute hair pins! I have so many but I never seem to manage to wear them. This has to change!
    Roshni’s Journey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't worn hair pins with anything nice attached in so long - been using just the old boring ones. Need to bring it back!

    {Teffy's Perks} X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage buttons on one end of a hair grip always works well too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you encouraging your customers to powt abc
    to consumer review websites can be a project. It should be placed where it is most common that the description meta element text will be used for link building purposes.
    They will also need to focus on them.

    Look at my web site: pozycjonowanie, solmarowners.com,

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)