Tuesday, 3 December 2013

#TryItTuesday: DIY Woven Chain Bracelet

Hello Friends! It's #TryitTuesday time! 

This week i've had a go at this 'woven chain link bracelet' by the lovely Caroline Burke over at Burkatron. Caroline makes the most delightful DIY bits and bobs so everyone go and check her blog out, it's a treat!  

I'm a big fan of simplistic fashion and jewellery, so I've been wanting to make some of these bracelets for a while. I just haven't been able to find a suitable chain to use. Then yesterday, whilst browsing my local charity shop, I found one...Yay! 
It's a pretty simple one to do, but very effective also! All you really need to do is cut your chain to length, then thread and knot a piece of string through each link on the chain. Then tie in a bow at the end to secure and job done! Take a look at Burkatron's tutorial here. I found it a bit fiddly and tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's easy peasy. I used a red-ish/burgundy wool for my bracelet because I think it has quite a festive and wintery feel, but I also fancy making one with some ribbon and seeing how that goes, think it'll be nice with a big bow!
What do you think? Have you been involved in #TryItTuesday this week? If you have, leave us a comment with a link to your blog below, we'd love to have a look! 

Happy Tuesday everybody! Lots of love, Em xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)