Saturday, 21 December 2013

#TryItTuesday: Personalised Ceramics


Hey Friends! It's #TryItTuesday again, YAY! 
I've had the most delightful time exploring some lovely crafty blogs this week, looking for our next 'Try it Tuesday' post. Then, when I spotted these lovely personalised, illustrated ceramics on not just one, but two of my very favourite blogs (The New Craft Society and Miss Jojangles). I just had to give them a go and share it with you guys this tuesday.

My absolute favourite thing about DIY projects is that you can make something completely unique and personal and this DIY is just perfect for that. Plus, the possibilities are endless...you can make mugs, tea pots, jugs, cups & saucers, plates, bowls, pots, pen holders....you get the idea. 
All you'll need is a selection of white ceramics and a Sharpie. Thats it! 

The scariest bit is that there's no going back, so I practiced on some paper before drawing straight onto the mugs, but have faith and you'll be fine! Then, once you're happy with your design, pop it in the oven for 30 minutes at 180 degrees and it will remain permanent. 
Perfect stocking fillers I reckon! 

Check out The New Craft Society's beautifully illustrated ceramics here, and Miss Jojangle's wonderfully witty mug here.

Let us know if you've been involved with #TryItTuesday this week! Spread the crafty love! 

Lots of love, 
Em xx

4 comments:

  1. So this is amazing! I spied it on Jojo's blog before and now I definitely think I'm going to have to give it a whirl for the next Try it Tuesday. Might have to purchase some back up mugs, just in case. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay these turned out so well!! I think these are going to go straight on my handmade gift list.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute!

    xx

    http://analeote.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just spent a very very happy hour with my two children designing their own dinner plates. Thank you so much for the idea. Let's hope it encourages them to eat a bit faster!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)