Friday, 8 November 2013

DIY Cat Face Ballet Pumps

These cat faced ballet pumps are a fave of celebs at the minute, and are just so darn cute! Sadly, they can be quite pricey which means that on our student budgets (/graduate in denial...) I just don't have the money to buy a pair of my own. Instead I gave some of my plain black pumps a TWB make over and saved some pennies while I was at it! 

You will need: 
-A pair of plain pumps 
-Fabric paint & paint brush 
-Needle and thread (metallic works well, especially against black shoes) 
-Scissors 
-For the ears I cut pieces of material from an old pair of ruined shoes

1. Cut 4 ears out of the old material. 
2. Paint a triangle onto each ear & leave to dry. 
3. Stitch 2 ears onto the rim of each shoe (i used black thread here). 
4. Paint the cats face onto the front of both shoes. I cut out paper templates for the nose and eyes to ensure that the shoes matched. 
5. You could stop at this stage if you fancied and have painted faces on the shoes. I really do like the look of stitching though so I chose to sew around the features for extra detail and sparkle. 

...and voila! 

Let us know if you give these a go...tweet us at @TrendsWB or send us a pic on instagram. We'd really love to see how you get on! 

Lots of love, Em xx

6 comments:

  1. I tried this just with white thread on some wine shoes the other year, but your steady hand is far better than mine! Zara kids section did have Charlotte Olympia style kitty flats up to a size 5 recently too. I indulged. I am not ashamed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never be ashamed, i definitely would have done the same! xx

      Delete
  2. So cutee!

    xx

    http://analeote.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such a good job, they look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They did take quite a while but i'm pretty chuffed with them! x

      Delete
  4. You did so well and it's such a great way to save money, wish I was as creative as that!

    - Bridie
    Oh So Bridie | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle
    xo

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)