Saturday, 20 July 2013

DIY: Dip-Dyed Shoes

I always find myself trawling through Pintrest when I have a hundred other things I'm supposed to be doing. Pintrest is great for sourcing inspiration and for saving nifty ideas for a rainy (or not-so-rainy!!) day. I found this DIY whilst revising and I've finally got round to giving it ago now my days have freed up. It's from the fabulous site Craft By Photo which is home to a ton of wonderful crafty ideas!! This tutorial is a great way to liven up some unwanted white canvas shoes whilst keeping right on trend with an ombre effect.

Image from Craft By Photo

Really enjoyed giving this tutorial a go whilst topping up my tan in the garden. I went for a dark red maroon coloured dye by Dylon that I bought off the web for an amazing price of £3.50! And here are the results...
To achieve the ombre effect, I found it easier to dilute the dye by adding more warm water to the bucket, so the solution would move further up the shoes and would be a lighter shade. 

So chuffed with these! Perfect summer shoes! What do you think? 
Definitely going to check out more of Craft By Photo's ideas!

Lots of love
Kate xxx

9 comments:

  1. This is great, I think I'll give it a go when I find some white shoes :)

    www.mynameispheobe.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, I have to try this! xx

    Martyna | NEON MIZZLE

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing! I will definitely try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the yellow effect! I always find I want to try these kind of DIYs but when it comes down to it I want to keep the things i buy the way they are!

    roshjourney.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea, definitely going to give it a go. Thanks for the inspiration! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome! I love the maroon colour on yours xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are amazing, I really want to try this now! I love wearing pumps too (so comfy), this is such a great idea :)

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    I love white effect now look shoes for FinishLine coupon online the best brand Nike and more this awesome product at shoppingspout.com
    regard
    john barry
    For more visit: http://www.shoppingspout.com/usa/finish-line-coupons.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these - really want to have a go... might even do some for the five year old too if she plays her cards right.

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE hearing from you! Thank you for your wonderful words :)